JAIDENS PETALS CINDILOOWHO

  • 130 OSSINGTON AVENUE
  • TORONTO ONTARIO

FLOWERS, CUSTOM FURNITURE AND ODD CURIOSITIES...

416 - 532 - 8040


Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Goodbyes...

It began as a labour of love with my mom and I at the corner of Dundas
and Crawford close to 15 years ago.  I was in broadcasting at the
time, my mother had had a stroke and I needed to get her out of the
house again, socializing.  We had never owned a store, had never tied
a bouquet with our hands, had never built or refinished a piece of
furniture, we just knew we wanted to be part of a community and start
talking to people.  We opened Cindiloowho and it grew and grew,
grabbed lots of press, started peoples home collections, provided “the
pretty” to flower lovers all over the city, and hopefully helped
develope a new world in our second and third homes on Ossington.

Well now my mom is gone, our daughter Jaiden, who basically grew up in
this place, is old enough to venture out on her own and I find myself
needing a new challenge.   At the end of June, Jaidens
Petals/Cindiloowho will close its doors.  I’m heading back to  my
first loves, music and radio for a new adventure.  I've been offered
an amazing oppourtunity as the assistant program director at jazzfm91.
My husband Stefano will continue to build beautiful furniture from our workshop off the
alleyway, so stay in touch on line or drop by his space for a chat.

I want to thank you for being so supportive over the years and joining
our family on this ride.  We’ve made some incredible friends and I’m
happy to say that we see familiar faces and hear friendly voices
everywhere we go now.  I’m grateful.

I’m also happy to mention that another great family will be moving
into our space at 130 Ossington Ave.  Teo and Chasen from Union
restaurant have some incredible plans for this magical little space
'Tasty stuff'.  'Needed stuff' for the community and families around.

Stop by in the next few weeks and say hello, we’d love to say thanks
in person.    And who knows, I may miss making pretty things so much,
that I’ll have to open up another little space somewhere else nearby.

Be well,

Dani elwell.

4 comments:

  1. Dani,

    That is very exciting news for you, but very sad news for all of us in the neighborhood who love buying flowers from you and just popping in to visit.
    The new opportunity sounds amazing! We love you on Jazz FM, so are happy you will be staying on there in a bigger capacity. All the best of luck. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very kind, thank you!!! i'm really excited for the new oppourtunity. but don't be surprised if i open up a little floral studio somewhere in the hood, just to keep my hands in it. can't stay away from "the pretty"!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm gonna miss "the pretty"!! No one's pretty is quite as pretty as yours!

    ReplyDelete